We are seeking a Service Desk Technician to join our team! You will resolve computer-related issues for your clients. The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed on outages.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: ability to build rapport with clients.
- Advanced troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing and spelling skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field. Equivalent experience in related IT roles will be considered.
- Positive and professional demeanor
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com